Ice Hockey

Ice Hockey

Oct 18, 3:53 am

Glasgow’s Braehead Clan 3 Guildford Flames 2

Glasgow’s Braehead Clan came from 2-0 behind to claim both points in a 3-2 win over Guildford Flames.
After a run of one win in six, it was a much needed victory as John Tripp’s side showed great character to turn a losing position into a victorious one.
The first period was something of a scrappy affair, but despite this, both sides came in after 20 minutes with their respective nets unblemished.
Ian Watters had a great chance for the Flames when he had time to turn near Ryan Nie’s goal on the powerplay, but saw his chance blocked off.
Former Clan forward Ben Davies hit the post with a chance a couple of minutes later, with Nie covering it at his near post.
Clan went close themselves shortly after when Bari McKenzie sent a shot wide, with Mike Embach in position to take the rebound, however the puck bounced away from him.
Flames took the lead in the opening minute of the second period as Jesse Craige set up Calle Ackered, who fired into the net.
Guildford made it 2-0 as Craige applied the finish with a one-timer after picking up a cross ice pass from John Dunbar.
Clan got themselves back in the game when a Brendan Brooks diagonal pass released Tyler Scofield, who showed great individuality to poke the final shot beyond Flames keeper Chris Carrozzi.
Then the home side were level 47 seconds later as Jacob Doty squeezed it in at the near post, assisted by Jordan Buesa for his first point of the season.
Christoffer Bjorklund had to leave the game early after sustaining a check that saw Flames’ Mikael Lidhammar get a five plus game penalty for checking to the head.
The resultant powerplay allowed the home team to take advantage, with Scofield getting his second of the game, tapping in from a Cameron Burt pass to clinch victory.

“It is always hard to take when you are a few minutes from a regulation point, especially that far out on the road, and then go away with nothing,” admitted Paul Dixon.

“It was a pretty even game, and we played well in the 1st period right up to late in the 2nd when the lead disappeared.  Braehead did take control more in the later stages, and they did a good job to secure a win in a game that was open for either team to grab.”

“We will be frustrated for a period of time on the journey back, no question, but we can’t sit on that for too long.”

“We will try to look at the areas where we faltered and see if we can improve at MK in a few days.”

FTA Sport © 2016. All rights reserved. Designed by WOOBRO